When hiring a new employee there are certain forms you should have them fill out upon hire, as well as specific requirements for the employer. By using On Call Accountants you alleviate the concern of non-compliance issues because we will walk you thru every step with your new hire!
- Form W-4 - Federal Form for Employees to Claim their Withholding - This form is completed by new employees to determine how many federal exemptions they will claim for payroll, as well as requesting additional amounts to be withheld towards federal taxes if applicable.
- Form VA-4 - Virginia Form for Employees to Claim their Withholding - This form is completed by new employees in Virginia to determine how many state exemptions they will claim for payroll, as well as requesting additional amounts to be withheld towards state taxes if applicable.
- Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verfication - This form is completed by new employees to verify their eligibility to work in the United States. Employees will need to provide the proper forms of identification requested in order to complete this form. The employer will retain copies of these identifications with the completed Form I-9.
- VA New Hire Reporting - Virginia Form for Reporting New Hires - Employers in Virginia are required to report their new hires within 20 days of hire date.
- Form W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identifcation Number - This form is for subcontractors or consultants to fill out when they are being paid with no payroll tax deductions and will receive a Form 1099 at year end.